Pre2Pos PREcession based drive mechanisms for high PREcision energy-efficient POSitioning devices
The project is focused on the industrialisation and commercialisation of rotary actuators, using an innovative motor which takes advantage of the micrometric deformation displacement of piezoelectric stacks to achieve infinite rotary or linear motion.
Our goal is to include these rotary actuators in key equipment and mechanisms used is spacecraft, where high precision, low weight, energy efficiency and low manufacturing costs are constantly sought by End Users.
Our technology is also suitable for other Industries and Markets, where we will eventually extend our focus.
DOWNLOAD OUR BORCHURE HERE
- Extremely high precision, with an accuracy of +/-50’’ (i.e. +/-0.01 degree).
- Completely oil/lubricant free motor components.
- Energy savings, thanks to the absence of electrical alimentation in stationary conditions.
- High torque/mass ratio (+95% compared to existing solutions).
- Absence of gears, meaning no backlash motion.
- No need for mechanical brakes.
- Normally blocked with a slipping force up to 3 times greater than the actuating force.